16/12/2015

Syndicate Nabbed At Abuja Airport While Trying To Smuggle Drugs Abroad

NDLEA arrested 3 suspected members of a drug syndicate with 18.2kgs of drugs valued at N163m at the Nnamdi Azikiwe International Airport Abuja. One of them, a South African, Sipho Mitshali, 31, was found with 4kg of Ephedrine and 8kg of Methamphetamine on his way to Johannesburg.

The other two are Nigerians, Ifeagwu Osita and Obiabumuo Augustine Ikechukwu were also arrested for attempting to smuggle 4.7kg and 1.5kg of cocaine respectively. Ikechukwu was attempting to export the cocaine to Switzerland through Frankfurt.
In his confession, Ikechukwu said: “I used to sell electrical appliances at Alaba market in Lagos. I travelled to Czech Republic in search of greener pastures. I got involved in drug trafficking because I incurred some debts during my mother’s burial and I needed money to settle it.”......

No comments:

Post a Comment